Board Advisory Services
In Boardroom Education
NACD provides confidential, tailored, in-boardroom and virtual education and advisory briefings for directors and C-suite executives. Sessions can cover any number of customized topics facilitated by NACD faculty, who are sitting directors and subject-matter experts. Each program is unique—designed specifically for your boardʼs inner workings and nuanced dynamics.
NACD Director Certified®, sitting directors and subject-matter experts are matched to programs based on factors such as boardroom experience, industry expertise, and topics to be covered in the program.
In-boardroom and virtual engagements begin with a planning call between the NACD team and designated client representatives to set expectations and goals for the program. The duration of the actual program varies, with sessions ranging from a two-hour board briefing to a full-day session or more, usually taking place at a board meeting or retreat.
NACD’s in-boardroom session was customized to the nuances of our specific industry. The facilitators—composed of sitting board members and industry experts—encouraged active participation from all of our board members.
Charles A. Mallon Jr.
President and CEO, Congressional Federal Credit Union
All programs can be customized and are offered virtually and in person.
- Current Environment for Board Oversight
- The Board’s Role in Unleashing Value via Cultural Intelligence
- The Ten Global Megatrends in Turbulent Times
- Integrating Geopolitical Risk into Corporate Strategy
- Developing a Winning ESG + Technology (ESGT) Strategy
- The board’s role in DE&I Oversight
- Digital Disruption & What Comes Next
Tailored content: information is customized specifically for your board’s experience level, industry, and sector.
- Unique facilitation and delivery: NACD’s faculty provide practical, real-world context and perspective.
- Director and management alignment: common expectations around roles and responsibilities are established.
- Independent, unbiased guidance: NACD’s only goal is to offer independent leading practices backed by research.
- Earns NACD Directorship Certification® credits: board members gain credits toward a recognized director credential.